Mobile Marketing 101: How to Effectively Advertise Mobile Apps
We’re turning away from desktop devices and rapidly choosing to go mobile. Analysts expect the mobile advertising market to reach $354 billion by 2025 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 18%. Moreover, in-app advertising will increase by 28.2% CAGR until 2024.
To capitalize on this growth, app developers should ensure people are aware of their app’s existence. We’re sharing our best seven tips on how to advertise mobile apps and tackle user acquisition.
7 Mobile App Advertising Strategies
What are the best strategies you can use to successfully get your app seen, downloaded, and shared? Here’s what you can do.
1. Optimize Your Website for Search Engines: Apps don’t have to compete or decide on an either/or strategy when it comes to paid advertising versus organic searches. Design a website optimized for search engines and share relevant content to help users find your app naturally.
2. Use Mobile Advertising Services: While organic searches help, it’s mainly a passive solution for gathering new users. Digital Turbine’s mobile advertising services create a mutually beneficial ecosystem between apps already in use to inform users of other apps available, based on the user’s profile and content preferences.
3. Improve the Download and Install Experience: An area where the mobile app marketing plan overlaps with the developer’s duties is the user’s experience when downloading and installing the software. A laborious process will turn users off. Focus on making the experience as frictionless as possible like allowing users to download an app from an ad in just one tap.
Further Reading: Shortening the Customer Journey: Google Play vs. SingleTap™ Installs
4. Identify Potential App Users: Maximize ad spend by targeting users who are looking for an app like yours. Testing targeted assumptions and optimizations help ensure ad dollars are well spent.
5. Generate Buzz on Social Media: Developers can easily attract new users through paid social media advertising, but they can also create organic buzz using the free tools provided on social media platforms. Sharing posts, answering users’ comments, using hashtags, and joining conversations on trending topics (when relevant) can help build brand awareness and drive app downloads. Also consider answering questions on Quora or creating topic-specific threads on Reddit.
6. Pitch the App to Tech Blogs: Offer to write a guest blog post for a website on a topic relevant to the app. Before reaching out to a managing editor, research on the company’s guest blogging guidelines and write a pitch that gives value and speaks to them directly. Digital Turbine regularly has bylines in publications sharing our expertise and we share them in our news section.
7. Collaborate with Influencers: Market an app successfully by working with the right influencers. Consider their audience for relevancy, measure their reach, and ensure the app resonates with their followers.
Advertise Your Mobile App with Digital Turbine
We know that within the massive universe of app promotion services, finding a single strategy that always works isn’t possible. At Digital Turbine, we help developers and advertisers provide frictionless app delivery using our SingleTap™ Installs solution and app preloads on newly activated devices with Dynamic Installs.
If you want more information about how to advertise your mobile app, reach out to Digital Turbine today.
Jun 3, 20205 min read
May 29, 20205 min read
May 22, 20205 min read