Why Millennials are Going Bananas over Food Delivery Apps
You can now get your morning coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and even now groceries delivered to your doorstep. Name it and you got it in faster time than it will take to make the meal yourself. Food delivery is creating a world where on-demand food delivery service is now a lifestyle. As time is becoming more valuable by the day, apps like UberEATS and Postmates assist these starving customers in getting their food in a timely manner by transforming the way and speed people get their meals.
As mobile usage increases, Merve Sahin from App Samurai states that there’s a high growth in internet penetration and higher standard of living which is why food and delivery apps are growing so quickly. The growth also is causing increased competition, which leads to a decrease in the delivery fee which keeps consumers coming back to the ease of the app and food delivery lifestyle. It is crucial to implement successful tactics to ensure consumer retention and here is what Digital Turbine found as best.
- Minimizing the Delivery Fee: By using a subscription model, which is growing in popularity every day, consumers agree to pay a monthly fee to get free delivery. This assists in saving the customer in the long run. DoorDash, for example, launched the DashPash monthly subscription service where the cost is just $9.99 and all deliveries on orders $15 or more are free.
- App Exclusive Discounts: Some food delivery apps are allowing discounts for a customer’s first purchase or a day where featured restaurants are discounted. This encourages consumers to use their app instead of a competitor. An app that does a great job of this is TapInGo, where they offer exclusive discounts/flash sales from local restaurants to the customer where it they might not be available in the restaurant itself.
- Exclusive Delivery: Several apps offer food delivery service from restaurants that don’t offer delivery themselves. When a customer craves that restaurant but doesn’t have the time or energy to sit down and eat there – food delivery is the way to go!
- Brand Visibility: Acquiring new users and app downloads comes from boosting brand visibility but in the app store and out. Campaigns can be centered around optimization but also the app logo being displayed in restaurants where delivery is available can assist in acquiring their loyal customers.
- Taking the Business to Mobile: Brick and Mortar restaurants, like Dominos, are taking their business model to mobile. Dominos has changed the game by allowing mobile ordering for delivery instead of using a food delivery system like GrubHub. All this can be done through their mobile app to avoid any confusing through a phone order.
Food delivery is in and Millennials and Gen Z’s are living for it! It is perfect for the fast-paced lifestyle which most people now are always looking to be one step ahead. Digital Turbine can help you be like your consumers are be one step ahead of the game! To learn about best marketing practices, talk to one of our experts today.
Jul 1, 20205 min read
Jun 30, 20205 min read
Jun 23, 20205 min read