New Report — The Life of the Mobile Gamer
In the last year, we have seen an already burgeoning market reach new heights. Prompted by COVID-19 lockdowns, people were spending more time and money than ever before on mobile games. While this gained the attention of advertisers, there is still some confusion as to what kind of consumers play mobile games. At Digital Turbine, we are committed to de-mystifying the American mobile gaming audience.
Last year, we published The Modern Mobile Gamer Report, a comprehensive look into who mobile gamers are exactly. We learned that the mobile gamer is not a singular type of person but rather can come from all age groups, genders, and education and socioeconomic backgrounds. In simple terms, the American mobile gamer is everyone. From there, we delved into the types of games consumers prefer, why they play mobile games, and what else they are doing while playing.
In this year’s edition, we wanted to go beyond mobile gamers’ habits and preferences as players and learn how they act as consumers. Digital Turbine partnered with GWI to survey over 1,000 mobile gamers across the U.S. to better understand this diverse group and shed light on how to effectively market to them. The study explores how mobile gamers engage with advertising in games and apps, what drives their purchasing decisions, how the pandemic has reshaped their shopping habits, how they consume entertainment, and much more. To learn more about the vast and diverse audience of American mobile gamers, download the comprehensive report and learn about The Life of the Mobile Gamer.
- A Deeper Look into Mobile Gamers
- Mobile gamers as consumers
- What do mobile gamers do regularly?
- How Mobile Gamers Respond to Ads on Websites vs. Apps
- Website v. app attitudes
- Food & Alcohol Purchasing Habits
- Restaurant and QSR visitation
- Fast food purchase methods (delivery, drive-through, dine in, or curbside pickup)
- Alcohol consumption
- How much do mobile gamers spend on alcohol?
- In-App vs. In-Store for Mobile Gamers
- How COVID-19 has impacted online shopping behavior
- Products mobile gamers are shopping online more for
- Contextual shopping
- Health Habits
- Types of healthcare & fitness apps used
- How mobile gamers book medical appointments
- Car Ownership & Purchase Drivers
- Driving frequency
- Mobile gamers’ tools for the purchase journey
- Entertainment Beyond Mobile Games
- Types of online content watched
- How mobile gamers watch movies
- Favorite movie genres
About the Study
The survey was developed by Digital Turbine and GWI and distributed online to mobile gamers. All figures in the study (unless noted otherwise) are drawn from GWI’s online research among U.S. internet users who are mobile gamers aged 16-64 via an online questionnaire. GWI only interviews respondents aged 16-64 and their figures are representative of the online populations of each market, not its total population. The survey garnered a total of 1,044 respondents in the U.S. over an eight-day period in Q2 2021.