Under the Microscope: Mobile Gaming in Egypt
In every edition of Under the Microscope, our research proves that there is no typical gamer. Instead, there is a wide variety of mobile gaming consumers, with different habits and preferences, across the globe, down to each country. Collaborating with On Device Research has given us the data to distinguish these players from those of other countries and this week we are looking at mobile gamers from Egypt.
According to Statista, the number of mobile gamers in Egypt has been steadily increasing and will amount to over 16 million users in 2020. Furthermore, Statista expects revenue to reach $217 by the end of the year. For more about the habits and preferences of mobile gamers in Egypt, check out this month’s Under the Microscope infographic!
Highlights from Egypt
- 71% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the early evening (5 pm – 8 pm)
- 37% of both males and females are spending one hour or more per day playing mobile games
- 68% of respondents stated they consider the mobile gaming environment safe
- Top reasons Egyptian users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment, relaxation, and to exercise the mind.
- 92% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in Egypt below. Click the image for a full-size version!