Under The Microscope: Mobile Gaming in Latin America
Digital Turbine’s Under the Microscope series highlights the different kinds of mobile gamers from all over the world. One of the world’s fastest-growing gaming markets is Latin America. In the past few months, we’ve featured survey results from Colombia, Mexico, and Brazil. In this edition, we’ll be looking at Latin America as a whole and the habits and preferences of this vast mobile gaming audience.
The LATAM region is the second-fastest-growing region for gaming after Southeast Asia. Latin America is a $5 billion gaming market where mobile has already cornered a majority share of the market representing 41% of the total. By 2021, mobile will be the predominant force in the gaming market with 51% of the market share. To learn more about the valuable and diverse audience in Latin America, check out highlights from the survey and the infographic!
Highlights from Latin America
- 66% of users play games on their device every day
- Typical gaming sessions occur during the early evening (5 pm – 8 pm)
- 41% of both males and females are spending one hour or more per day playing mobile games
- Top reasons Latin American users play mobile games include fun/enjoyment and relaxation
- 87% prefer to watch video ads for extra lives, rather than paying money
- 70% of respondents think mobile gaming is a safe environment