Under The Microscope: Mobile Gaming in the United Kingdom
Mobile games saw exponential growth in 2020, and this love of mobile games from consumers all around the world is here to stay. With this growth in mobile games and time spent on mobile, brands and advertisers have an amazing chance to connect with global consumers through mobile games. But in order to better understand and reach specific consumer groups, advertisers must comprehend the unique behaviors and interests of mobile gamers across varying regions. Digital Turbine surveyed mobile gamers around the world to better understand their digital behavior, and this week we’re learning about mobile gamers in the United Kingdom!
As the love of mobile gaming has grown throughout the world, so has the consumer spend on mobile games. According to Statista.com, UK consumers spent 1.21 billion British pounds on mobile games in 2019. What’s more, mobile gamers in the United Kingdom tend to play mobile games when they are resting at home. In fact, Statista.com reports that 62% of UK mobile gamers play games when relaxing at home. By working with mobile games, brands have the unique opportunity to reach consumers when they are relaxed and in a good mood. Learn more about this growing mobile gaming market in this edition of Under the Microscope!
Highlights from the United Kingdom
- 84% of UK adults play games on at least one device.
- UK mobile gamers spent 2.5 hours on their mobile devices in a day.
- Favorite gaming genres include Action/Adventure, Puzzle, and Simulation.
- Top personal interests are films/cinema, music, and food & drink.
- What are they doing while watching TV? Using social media (71%), reading my emails (69%), messaging friends (65%), and playing games (55%).
Check out the infographic for more great insights into mobile gamers in the United Kingdom below. Click the image for a full-size version!