5 Secrets to Developing a Great VR Mobile App
1. Learn the fundamentals of VR design
This is a whole new world, even for seasoned developers. You may build your first app on a platform, but you still need to have a sense of the challenges and issues you will face.
2. Find the best platform for the type of app you want to build
There are several platforms out there — take the time to carefully research each one and learn how the platform worked for others who created VR apps using it.
3. Familiarize yourself with 3D images and graphics
This is critically important, because everything in VR is rendered as 3D objects. For experienced app developers, the hardest part may be getting accustomed to working in a practically infinite 3-dimensional grid instead of the familiar 2D grid.
That z-index takes on a whole new meaning!
4. Use VR to familiarize yourself with both its possibilities and limitations
While you’re at it, try to acquire/borrow/use the same VR gear you plan to make apps for.
5. Be persistent and patient
VR is the brave new world, and you’re learning how to create it! Take time to learn it, both from the design/development side and from within the VR headset.