Political Advertising Policy
The following are guidelines for running ads about social issues, elections or politics on the Fyber Marketplace inventory. We remain focused on operating an unbiased exchange and will not support or favor any particular candidate, party, or political agenda.
We support responsible political ads (IAB11-4) to run via Fyber Marketplace, provided that Demand Partner ensures that such ads complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations of the country and jurisdiction in which the ads are made available, as well as with publisher’s choice when IAB11-4 is blocked.
All political ads in the US should follow The Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) creative implementation guidelines for the “Political Ad” icon to increase transparency and accountability around digital political ads. The new guidelines outline the creative specifications necessary for U.S. federal and state political advertisers to create and display the Political Ad icon in express advocacy ads.
- “Political campaigns” refer to advertising that is:
- Made by, on behalf of, or about a candidate for public office, a political figure, a political party, or a political action committee
- About any election, election information, referendum ballot initiative, political advocacy or fundraising
- Regulated as political advertising
- Political content includes ads for political organizations, political parties, political issue advocacy or fundraising, and individual candidates and politicians.
- Political ad campaigns may run across publishers’ mobile applications who have chosen to allow IAB 11-4 content category by not blocking it via the Fyber dashboard.
- Publishers only may select which political ad campaigns to allow or disallow by utilising blocklist features that are available via the Fyber dashboard (e.g. the Fyber dashboard enables the publisher to block specific domain names or the entire category of political ads). Fyber will respect and support all publisher’s selections and expects its demand partners to do the same.
- Fyber will not be responsible for verifying the accuracy or truthfulness of political ads nor Demand Partners’ compliance with any applicable law, rule, regulation or DAA guidelines with respect to the delivery of political ads to individuals.
- If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please consult with your Fyber Account Manager.
- For now, we will allow political ads to be delivered only in the U.S excluding the Washington state. Also, ads for state and local campaigns and ballot measures must comply with applicable state and local laws and regulations, and may be subject to additional legal requirements.