5 Steps to a Successful App Strategy for Latin America
To create a successful app strategy for Latin America, follow these steps:
- Find a LATAM market that fits your budget
Cost Per Install (CPI) varies by country, with Brazil and Mexico being the most expensive. Other countries, such as Colombia, have lower market value and a lower CPI.
- Thoroughly research how other app developers are monetizing their apps in your target market
A majority of LATAM mobile phone owners are on prepaid plans and often lack credit cards or bank accounts. Make sure you fully understand the money challenges of your target market before diving in.
- Get to know key people in your target market who are also app developers, advertisers, or marketers
Partner with them to learn about the target market’s cultures and beliefs. That knowledge will help you to market your app successfully.
- Look for Google Play alternatives to publish your app
If you can find a smaller, regional app store, you will have a much better chance at people seeing and downloading your app. While it’s easy to publish an app on Google Play, your app is published in an ocean of other apps, which can make it very difficult for users to find.
- Know the laws that govern mobile apps in your target market
These laws may be national, regional, and local in scope. You may not need to be a lawyer, but you may want to make friends with one that lives in your target market.
straight to your inbox.