Ad Placement: The Key to User Engagement & Conversion
Retail apps create great opportunities for ad placement with creative content that is timely and relevant for the consumer.
For example, if a shopper is at a grocery and is looking to see if chicken breasts are on sale, she selects the item that’s on sale. After she adds it to her list, a recipe with chicken breast as the main ingredient appears, with options to add the ingredients from the recipe to her grocery list.
If the customer has purchased wine at the store, an interstitial may recommend a chardonnay or pinot grigio that pairs well with the chicken.
- Think outside the box: It may be a cliche, but it’s true. The most engaging ads are those that get attention. What better way to do that than to create something original?
- Appeal to the sensibilities of your target market: Innovative ad content that mobile consumers can relate to will help build brand trust and drive engagement.
- Take Risks: These new markets are made up of demographics that are still being developed. Ad content that may not work in other parts of the world may be a perfect fit in emerging markets.
- Track User Behavior: Tracking user behavior will help determine which kinds of ad content work the best in a given market, lending focus to ad campaigns and how they are deployed.
- Get feedback from mobile users: Find a way to get feedback from users; they will tell you what they like and don’t like about ad content. Through feedback, you will be able to glean insights that might not be available from data alone.
There are huge opportunities for advertisers who master the art of relevant ad placement. Advertisers who are willing to take risks will gain a strong competitive edge.